Instagram is one of the most popular social networks right now. Instagram is a photo and video sharing app, and it is straightforward to use.
How to sign up for an Instagram account
Signing up for an Instagram account is pretty much straightforward. Following these few steps will help you sign up for your Instagram account.
- Download the app from the App Store (for Apple users) and Google Play Store ( for Android users).
- Launch the Instagram app from your app drawer, navigate and click on the “sign up” button to create a new account.
- Provide either your phone number or email address which to receive a confirmation code to proceed.
- Create a username and password, provide all other info needed and click done to complete the signup process.
You can also signup with Facebook, and this option is very straight forward.
The following tips will help you to make the best out of your Instagram experience. You will also learn how you can grow followers and get more likes on your profile.
1. Upload nice Photos and Videos
You tend to gain more followers when posting interesting and exciting videos. You should upload pictures and videos that will stir up positive emotions in your followers.
2. Filter effects
Instagram comes with different filters you can apply to your photos to enhance the look. Using filters appropriately adds more color to your photos, and they also give them a natural effect. Note that you need to limit the use of filter because too much of everything is just bad.
3. Use Hashtags
Hashtags expose your uploads to more users on Instagram. This helps you to attract more interaction with your photos and videos while also gaining new followers.
You should only use hashtags relevant to your uploads. You should also keep your hashtags minimum.
4. Use the “Explore” button to discover more contents
The explore tab contains tailored photos and videos relating to videos and photos you have liked, and also the ones people you follow have commented on. You even get access to the most popular uploads on Instagram from this tab.
5. Post Stories
Posting stories is another great way to connect with your followers. Stories are temporary uploads that stay for only 24 hours before they disappear. Stories can be viewed at the top of your feeds.
6. Use direct message
The direct messaging features allow you to interact privately with your followers. This feature works just like any other social media messaging channel. It is completely private.