This resource is built for new small business owners, helping you learn and understand small business accounting basics. Learn how to set up and use QuickBooks, create and manage invoices, or compare different accounting software options altogether. Our goal is to equip you with the knowledge to efficiently handle your business finances, giving you more time to focus on growth.
Invoicing Simplified introduces you to the fundamentals, ensuring you’re well-equipped to create, send, and manage invoices effectively. Whether exploring various invoicing software options or seeking tips on speeding up payments, this site section provides a general overview to help you understand invoicing’s core aspects.
- Payment Plan Types for Small Business Owners
- How to Set Up Installment Payments for Your Small Business
- How Business Owners Can Get Invoices Paid on Time
- Automating Financial Tasks: How Accounting Software Saves Time
- How and Why to Append Sales Tax to a Traditional Invoice
- What Are Payment Terms? How to Write Payment Terms on an Invoice
- What Is an Invoice Number and How to Assign One
- E-invoicing Advantages and Disadvantages, What Is e-invoicing
- How to Write an Invoice For Services Rendered
Our QuickBooks Basics section offers a broad overview of QuickBooks fundamentals. From tracking income to managing expenses, we’ll guide you through using QuickBooks effectively, ensuring you have the foundation to explore more specific topics at your own pace.
- Introduction to QuickBooks for small business
- How to Setup QuickBooks Online: Guide for Small Business Owners
- Is QuickBooks Online a Safe Choice for Small Business Owners?
- Tracking Inventory and Sales in QuickBooks Online
- What Is QuickBooks “starbucks mode” and Why It Matters (Financial Privacy)
- How to Categorize Transportation Expenses (Gas, Parking, Tolls) in QuickBooks Online
- How to Categorize Utility Expenses (Heat, Cellphone, Internet) in QuickBooks Online
- Setting up Multi-User Mode in QuickBooks Desktop (Advanced)
Compare content covers various software features, benefits, and considerations, providing the insight needed to make an informed choice. Whether you’re a freelancer, a startup, or a growing small business, begin your search for an accounting solution here.
- Compare Accounting Software by Price
- Compare Accounting Software for Small Business
- Compare Accounting Software for the Self Employed
- Compare Accounting Software for Startups
- Compare the Best Accounting Software for Invoicing and Billing
- Compare CPAs, Accountants, and Bookkeepers, Who Your Business Needs and When
- Compare Agriculture and Farm Accounting Software (Specialty Area)
- Compare Accounting Software for Independently Owned Auto-Dealerships (Specialty Area)
Now, It’s Your Turn
These resources are designed to provide a solid foundation, enabling you to make informed decisions and focus on growing your business. As your business evolves, revisit these guides to refresh your knowledge and discover new insights. Stay informed, stay efficient, and let these tools empower your journey to small business success and what that means to you!
- How to Track Expenses for Small Business: 3 Non-Aggravating Adaptations
- Step-by-Step: How to Do Payroll Manually (plus, how to manually calculate payroll taxes)
- Budgeting Without Complex Jargon: How to Create a Small Business Budget in 7 Steps
- What Is Job Costing and How to Calculate Job Cost for Small Business
- Different Types of Accounting Software Exposed (from Excel to Enterprise Solutions)
- How to Setup Installment Payment Plans for Customers (including using QuickBooks Online)
- Payment Plan Options: How to Offer Payment Plans to Customers & Manage Them Effectively
- How to Get Invoices Paid Faster: A Guide for Small Business Owners
- Accounting Software Automation Benefits (including, invoice automation)
- Streamlining Tax Prep for Small Business With Accounting Software
- Spreadsheets to Accounting Software (how to move from Excel to Quickbooks)
- Navigating Sales Tax in Invoices: A Beginner’s Guide for Small Business Owners
- How to Write Payment Terms on an Invoice (what are payment terms)
- What Are Invoice Numbers and How to Choose an Invoice Number (including, examples)
- How to Pay Freelancers Online (payment methods for freelancers, including pros & cons)
- How to Write an Invoice for Services Rendered (aka, how to write a bill for payment)
- What Is an E-Invoice: Advantages and Benefits of Electronic Invoicing Software
- How to Categorize Utility Expenses (Heat, Water, Telephone, Electric) in QuickBooks Online
- How to Categorize Gas in QuickBooks Online (plus tolls & parking expenses)
- QuickBooks Online’s Privacy Button (AKA Starbucks Mode) Explained
Our Commitment to Our Readers
We are only successful if we are helping your small business succeed, and for us, that starts with high-quality content. If any of our content has not answered your initial search query, created a positive experience, or if the content has not met your expectations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you and are committed to improving our resources to better meet your needs. Like, actually!